HOW CAN YOU HELP TCRAS?
We always need dedicated and caring volunteers to join our family. Without volunteers like you, we couldn’t do the work that is needed. Our volunteers are an integral part of our Shelter and our animal’s lives.
- Do you want a stress release, more exercise, and a dog “fix”?
- Love soft, cuddly and cute cats?
- Looking to help an animal find its forever home?
- Want to promote and help raise financial support for TCRAS?
- Are you looking to open your home temporarily to a little fur ball or a shy animal?
- Join us, it will touch your heart in a big way.
HOW DO YOU GET STARTED?
Volunteers must be 7 or older. Volunteer applicants younger than 18 must have a parental or legal guardian sign their application. Youths between the ages of 7 and 15 are eligible to volunteer with a parent, legal guardian, or trusted family friend who is also a TCRAS volunteer but are not permitted to work directly with, handle, or touch the animals for their safety and the safety of the animals.
- Sign up and attend an orientation. Dates are listed below.
- Complete and submit a Volunteer Application.
- Schedule and participate in an interview with a staff member and a current volunteer.
- Read the TCRAS Volunteer Handbook and return the signed Service Agreement and TCRAS Volunteer Handbook Signature Page. The Volunteer Handbook will be emailed upon acceptance.
- Participate in required trainings.
- Begin volunteering and making a difference in the lives of MANY dogs and cats!
To begin your new adventure as a TCRAS volunteer please contact the Volunteer Coordinator (719.686.7707 or email@example.com) to sign up for an orientation. Please be sure to provide your name, phone number, email address and the date of the orientation you would like to attend.
- Jan 14th Wed. from 6pm to 7pm
- March 14th Sat. from 11am to 12pm
- May 20th Fri from 6pm to 7pm
- July 15th Wed from 6pm to 7pm
- September 19th Sat 11am to 12pm
- November 6th Fri 6pm to 7pm
Click on the link above to learn more about volunteer opportunities at TCRAS.
For questions please contact:
Angie Davis - Volunteer Coordinator/Animal Care Manager